First playable

Hey guys 

So for this week I started properly making my game which was exciting because it started to all come together and work well. I want my game to feel exciting and for the player to feel as if they are part of the game that you are living the experience on the island and fighting through all the obstacles that they will have to face throughout. For my first level the player has to find a map and a key so that they can move on to the next.I found the coding part for making my key rotate and for the player to collect the key hard because it wasn't working for me. I plan on developing my island more and to start making the obstacles harder for the player. As I make each level on my Adventure island you will see what i am aiming for and i hope you like it .



Adventure Island

Comments

  1. Hi Ellie,

    The games looking well and I'm glad to hear you're progressing!

    What obstacles do you have planned for your players to come across? I'm really interested in your game as I think it's a really strong concept.

    I found a link on how to create an enemy animal, you could possible implement this as one of your survival methods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcXZWquFaN8.

    I'm really enjoying your blog updates and I can't wait to read more!

    Best of luck,

    James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie,

    I really like the visuals of your game! I particularly like the tree and water assets you used. I also like how you're going to add more elements of difficulty into the game to keep players engaged.

    Will there be any guides on the map to assist the player in finding the objects to advance to the next level? Your map looks quite big, so it may be very time consuming for players to run around and try find the two items.

    I would suggest adding signs or indicators that the player is heading in the general correct direction to find the items to advance. I also feel that your game needs some added difficulty so perhaps adding a timer to complete each level or having enemies that try and kill the player would be beneficial!

    Overall your game looks good so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment