Week 9 Reading and Writing

Hey guys so overall my readings and project work have been working well for me.I found that by doing the readings that they have helped me learn a lot on game design and then the were really helpful when I had to do my writings for my project they gave me a better understanding of what I should be looking for when making my game. My favourite reading so far was from week 6,Games GDD it was interesting to learn about how to make your game better and the best ways to make your player feel cozy when playing. I have enjoyed each reading so far and they are definitely helping me with my game each week. Other research strategies that I found worked well for me was looking up good articles on game design which was another useful way of helping me learn and then youtube which was another good way when it came  to helping me learn new things when making my game. I am happy so far with my game project, I think my idea is good and it would be a game that most people would like to play. I have really enjoyed coming up with all my ideas and putting them together to make my game and overall I am happy with it. It will take me a lot of time to make my game the way i want but i know i can get it done in the best way possible.My biggest accomplishment for this class would be getting all my blogs done on time which was a bit difficult depending on how busy your week would be with other assignments and also coming up with my idea and starting to make my game unity.

My favourite image from my blog and my readings was my decision image from game decisions which was a reading in week 7.This image is my favourite image because I found I had to make a lot of decisions when it came to coming up with a game idea like the important things i should include, what kind of game am i going to make, what will make it different to other games and how many players should i have etc. I think this image describes all of this by not knowing which way to go about things to make your game the best. But so far with my game i am pleased with it and my decisions I have made.


man standing in the middle of woods

Decisions


I don't think I need or want anything else out of the readings or writings in this class. I think i got what i want out of them they really helped me through my process of making my game and were interesting when it came to learning new things. My experience with the blog so far have been fun and stressful at the same time it was fun learning new things but just the deadlines made it stressful but we are all nearly there.

Comments