Workshop 1

Hey guys

From these unity tutorials i learned loads of interesting things that I could use when creating my game. In the first tutorial i learned about changing the skybox. We can do this by clicking into the asset store and downloading a sky that you think best suits your game which is important because it determines the lighting and colour in your game. I also learned about the wind zone which was fun because it gives a feel of life in your game like how the trees are moving with the wind. In the second tutorial i learned about picking up the axe instead of starting with it in the game.The axe was placed in the tree for the player to pull it out. This was made possible by putting a collider around it to allow the player to do so. I enjoyed this part because it's similar to something that i will be putting in my game. I found the coding part difficult because I don't really enjoy it but apart from that it was fun. Learning how to do the fade into your game was cool and something I will definitely consider putting in my game as well. In the third tutorial i learned about bugs and how we can fix them if they happen and a fade out screen which was the opposite to the one in the second tutorial. My favourite thing in this tutorial was building a house and finding it and stuff to put in it in the asset store.i Am excited to do next week's unity tutorials to find out more.




Building 






Comments